Featured in the December 2011/January 2012 issue (sections in bold, titles in italics):
1. Arts and Artisans – French Knives in North America: Part III
by Kevin Gladysz & Ken Hamilton
2. Hoppus and Hatchet – Foods of Necessity by Mike Moore
3. Hearthstone – Sprang: A Textile Technique by Carol James
4. Early Americas – The Family Doctoress by Elizabeth Simpson
5. To Arms – The Colt Patterson Revolver in the Far West by Michael Schaubs
6. Discerning Re-enactor – Buckskins and Beaver: One Organization's Journey
Into the Past by Jim Hannon
7. Punchbowl – Preparing a Parchment Beaver by Lee Nelson
8. A Matter of Taste – Beaver Sweet Meat - Recipe by Chris Cheney
9. Musings Around the Inkpot – Our letters to and from the editor.
For more information about what topics we cover in each section, please click here. Haven't secured a subscription yet? Don't delay! Visit our subscriptions page today. We hope you find something you love in each and every issue of Journal of the Early Americas.
P.S. We are always looking for writers and advertisers wishing to publish their content with us. Please visit our writers page and advertising page for more information. Our new website is being updated frequently, so please come back and visit us again soon to see what's new. If you have additional questions or comments, visit our contact us page. Thank you!