- Our first issue of 2014 is out! For a sneak peek at our featured articles, please see the list below.
- 1. Arts & Artisans: Schnitzelbank: Building a Shaving Horse by W. Joe Batterton
- 2. Hoppus & Hatchet: It's the Paddle That Brings Us by Dick Weaver
- 3. The Early Americas: "All this load is attached by a band..." - The Humble Tumpline
- by Isaac Walters
- 4. Hearthstone: Rascal: The Word by Michael Barbieri
- 5. To Arms: The Franco-Spanish War on the Gulf Coast, 1719 by David McDonald
- 6. The Discerning Re-enactor: Becoming a Discerning Re-Enactor by Suzanne Larner
- 7. The Punchbowl: The Great Adventure by Theresa Brown Cortez
- 8. A Matter of Taste: A Brief History of George Washingtonís Distillery by The George
- Washington's Mount Vernon Staff
- 8. Reviews: A Spirited Resistance: the North American Indian Struggle for Unity, 1745-
- 1815: A Book Review by Mark A. Suagee
- 9. Musings Around the Inkpot - Our letters to and from the editor
For more information about what topics we cover in each section, please click here. Haven't secured a subscription yet? Don't delay! Visit our subscriptions page today. We hope you find something you love in each and every issue of Journal of the Early Americas.
P.S. We are always looking for writers and advertisers wishing to publish their content with us. Please visit our writers page and advertising page for more information. Our new website is being updated frequently, so please come back and visit us again soon to see what's new. If you have additional questions or comments, visit our contact us page. Thank you!